If you’re going to a casino during Hurricane Harvey, you know it’s not going to be pretty. The destruction of the land and the flooding of the land has rendered much of the land useless for days. You’re probably already missing most of your stuff, but there’s still time to get back to normal. Here are some great things to do while you wait for the waters to recede and the land to be rebuilt:
* Smile. Most of your damage is going to be hidden by the towering piles of wrecked cars, broken windows, and soaked bed sheets, so the best odds for you are to ignore the fact that everything looks like hell. But there’s no need to enjoy the wreckage any longer. The cleanup crews will be taking care of most of it before long, so by the time you can return, you’ll be able to enjoy the best odds at the casinos.
* Avoid the heavy crowds. Thousands of people are already hurting, and the chances that they’ll all be caught dead in the streets by law enforcement are pretty slim. Stick to hotels, bistros, and restaurants where you’re sure to find other gamblers. The casino staff might be nice people, but they’re more likely to be working the phones than treating patrons properly. Also avoid the casino restaurants where the lines will be long and the food is bad. The overwhelming volume of people shouldn’t be an issue, even if you plan to gamble while you’re there, as long as you keep your wits about you and take precautions.
* Be wary of “no-buy” offers. There are plenty of Las Vegas slot machines that don’t payout unless you ante up, so don’t fall for these. If you win, treat yourself to a beverage at the bar, or a meal at one of the restaurants. These “extra” purchases will add up, so be careful not to blow your entire budget on something you won’t need. When you’re planning your trip to Las Vegas, keep this tip in mind.
* Don’t sign anything. Before you leave, be sure to ask a friend or family member to give you a piece of paper and a pen so that you can have a record of everything you did when you left the casino. This is a helpful tip for anyone who wants to improve their chances of successfully visiting a casino: print out a template message. A template message is like a quick, easy to read handbook about how to behave when you visit a casino. It can tell you the proper protocol, from the time to get into the casino to how you should sit or stand to make sure you don’t trip over or hurt someone.
* Be polite. While there’s nothing wrong with being cordial to the staff at the casinos you visit, don’t forget to do the same to the people who are working behind the scenes. The people you’ll meet at the hotels, for example, can make your trip to Las Vegas very exciting, but they wouldn’t be able to do it without the dedicated work and organization of the hotel staff. If you want to play your favorite casino games, offer to bet a dollar or two on your first visit. Not only will you impress your friends and family members, you’ll also set yourself apart from the casino’s random guests!
* Avoid slot machines. While the slot machines at many of America’s largest and most popular casinos can be entertaining and easy to win big amounts of money, they are not the best place to spend your time while in Las Vegas. If you’re planning to visit one of the casinos here, avoid the slot machines all together. The tips above will ensure that you spend less time in the gambling attractions, which should lead to a more affordable bill.
So there you have it. A few quick and easy tips to help you get the most out of your gambling experience when in Las Vegas, staying at a Casin Di Campione Hotel and Casino. Even if you aren’t a casino veteran, you should still be able to have a great time at this top notch establishment. Don’t be afraid to mix up your old casino games with some new ones, or to switch it up every so often. The main article in this series is about how to plan your stay in Las Vegas. See part 2 of this series below.